CS 186 ~ Fall 2016
Introduction to Database Systems
Lecture: MW 6:30-8pm, 155 Dwinelle
Database Management Systems 3rd Edition by Ramakrishnan and Gehrke.
Piazza is the primary source of communication. Please sign up ASAP and check often for announcements.
- Project: 45% of semester grade (15% per project). You have 72 slip hours, and after you have used up your extension budget, any assignment handed in late will be marked off 25% per day late, rounded up to the nearest integer number of days. No assignment will be accepted more than 4 days late.
- Homework: 10% of semester grade.
- Two Mid-terms: 20% of the semester grade total. 12% will come from your higher-scored exam, 8% from your lower-scored exam.
- Final Exam: 25% of the semester grade.
- Lecture webcasts and slides will be posted soon after lecture.
- You can attend any section you want, but preference will be given to enrolled students if it is full.